TITLE: Associate Immigration Attorney
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit, resume cover letter, references and writing sample to DeCosmo Law via email at [email protected]
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 Years
LANGUAGES: Spanish strongly preferred
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience, Health Benefits, 401K & Profit Sharing
REPORTS TO: Managing Partner & Junior Partner
DIRECT REPORTS: Designated Paralegal & Support Staff
1. Representation: Represent foreign nationals in deportation or removal proceedings before the Executive Office for Immigration Review. Represent foreign nationals at adjustment interviews or naturalization interviews before USCIS.
2. Family-Based Case Preparation: Preparation of various waiver applications including I-601 A waivers, benefits applications and Stays of Removal. Preparation of family-based immigration law petitions and applications including I-130 and I-360 petitions as well as I-485 applications for adjustment of status.
3. Litigation: Filing appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals and Petitions for Review to the circuit courts. Writing briefs in support of appeals and motions at both the trial and appellate level. Preparation of Motions to Reopen, Motions to Continue and Motions to Change Venue. Preparation and filing of custody applications in connection with applications for Special Immigrant Juvenile status. Preparation and filings of motions to suppress, applications for post-conviction relief and motions in support of acceptance to Pre-Trial Intervention and Drug Court.
4. Removal Defense & Asylum/U-Visa & DACA Applications: Preparation of asylum, withholding of removal U, T and DACA applications. This includes the preparation of SIJ and VAWA petitions. Preparation of applications for asylum and withholding of removal, applications for cancellation of removal and packs with supporting evidence to file before EOIR.
5. Research & Writing: Conduct legal research and prepare legal memorandums at the direction of the MP and JP.
DeCosmo Law takes our commitment, and that of our clients, to diversity and inclusion very seriously. DeCosmo Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value and encourage qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, union affiliation, disability, or any other protected status under applicable law. We strive to cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continually promote opportunities for all.
Notice to Recruiters and Search Firms:DeCosmo Law does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.