TITLE: Immigration Paralegal
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit, resume cover letter, references and writing sample to DeCosmo Law via email at [email protected].
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 Years
LANGUAGES: Spanish Required
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience, Health Benefits, 401K & Profit Sharing
1. Handle the preparation and filing of any immigration benefits applications as delegated.
2. Removal Defense: Support all functions of removal proceedings litigation including the preparation of applications for relief from removal such as Cancellation of Removal, Asylum and Withholding of removal applications. Procure documents in support of applications, the preparations of affidavits/declarations and prepare, tab and paginate all immigration court filings.
3. Primarily responsible for all U-Visa, T-Visa, Asylum Applications and DACA filings
4. Assist attorney in preparation of immigration petitions and applications, including preparation of immigration forms and packages with supporting evidence for submission to relevant administrative agency
5. Review and organize client documentation and analyze and summarize case data for attorney
6. Assist attorney with determining potential case issues and planning case strategy
7. Maintain organized, legally compliant client files, monitor deadlines and progress of individuals cases
8. Manage caseload of immigration matters in various stages
9. Draft correspondence to clients and relevant administrative agency, as well as communicate directly with same when applicable
10. Translate documents as delegated by the attorneys and provide direct translations for clients in meetings at the office.
11. Review and analyze Request for Additional Evidence and draft responses
12. Perform special projects and other assignments as requested by attorneys or others by establishing priorities and proactively anticipating attorney and client needs.
DeCosmo Law takes our commitment, and that of our clients, to diversity and inclusion very seriously. DeCosmo Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value and encourage qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, union affiliation, disability, or any other protected status under applicable law. We strive to cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace where we continually promote opportunities for all.
Notice to Recruiters and Search Firms:DeCosmo Law does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.