Effective Solutions
To Complex Problems

The Leading Immigration And Criminal Defense Law Firm

COVID-19 UPDATE: In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, our office will remain open for business and will be able to accommodate all current and new clients via telephone, and virtual meetings. We will continue to monitor the situation, and remain committed to maintaining the safest possible environment for our staff and clients.

Your Safety Is Important — Securing Asylum Status

You may wish to enter the country for a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it is because you are seeking protection. You could be trying to escape persecution from your home country. If you are trying to take asylum in the United States, our attorneys can help you during this difficult legal process. There are many steps to take, and the experienced and knowledgeable at attorneys DeCosmo & Rolón know exactly what to do. We have helped thousands of immigrants across southern New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Every case is different, and every client’s case must be handled and evaluated on its own merits.

In order to be granted asylum, you must file an application with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You will then be interviewed by asylum officer or in a court. This is where our attorneys can help.

We will effectively communicate your reasons as to why it is necessary for you to stay in the United States. We often work with Spanish-speaking clients and can translate everything for you, guiding you through every step of the process. Our goal is to have your application status approved.

Obtaining A U-Visa

A U-Visa is given to victims of a crime who are helping law enforcement. Its purpose is to protect noncitizens who have information on criminal activity. In order to qualify, you must have suffered physical or mental abuse as a result of a crime. This crime also must have violated U.S. laws. You must be helpful and cooperative. It is possible that your spouse and children can receive a U-Visa if you are being covered by one. Our firm understands the value of this and wants your family to remain together, especially during this difficult time.

Call Us Today For Help

Time is of the utmost importance. Your life may be on the line, and one of our lawyers can guide you through the process and protect your rights. Contact our Camden office today for a free consultation at or fill out our contact form. Se habla espanol.