Daniel M. Rosenberg is the Managing Partner of Daniel M. Rosenberg & Associates and serves as Of Counsel to DeCosmo & Rolon, Attorneys at Law. Dan is a passionate, aggressive, and highly effective criminal defense attorney based in Burlington County, New Jersey. While he primarily focuses on criminal defense, his areas of practice also include DUI/DWI defense, civil litigation, personal injury matters, and general counsel for both individuals and businesses.
Mr. Rosenberg's criminal experience includes prosecuting and/or defending individuals charged with possession and/or distribution of drugs, aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, arson, kidnapping, aggravated assault, robbery, theft, auto theft, home invasions, Murder and a litany of other offenses. He has experience trying criminal matters and is familiar with the criminal justice system. Mr. Rosenberg is also Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Criminal Trial Attorney. There are over 40,000 Attorneys in the State of New Jersey. Less than three hundred (300) have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Criminal Trial Attorney. This designation is more than just a specialization. The Supreme Court employs a rigorous vetting process wherein an attorney must possess substantial criminal trial experience, receive exemplary assessments from both Judges and Opposing Counsel alike, and pass a comprehensive written evaluation of Criminal Trial Law.
In addition to his extensive criminal practice, Mr. Rosenberg is also a zealous civil litigation attorney with both plaintiff and defense litigation experience. His civil practice includes personal injury, CEPA, Administrative matters, Administrative Disciplinary Defense matters, Employment matters, FRO/TRO defense and general defense litigation.
Mr. Rosenberg has extensive experience and training in criminal and civil litigation. After graduating from the Rutgers School of Law-Rutgers, he was a New Jersey Supreme Court Judicial Law Clerk to Justice Peter G. Verniero (Ret.). Mr. Rosenberg was also an Assistant Prosecutor with the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, where he prosecuted juvenile and adult jury trials to verdict. As an Assistant Prosecutor, Mr. Rosenberg received firearms trainings, forensic interviewing courses and sexual assault investigation and prosecution. Mr. Rosenberg's experience as a county prosecutor provides him with knowledge and experience that sets him apart from most criminal defense lawyers in Burlington County. He is well-versed in the procedures of arrest, pre-trial, indictment, and bail in New Jersey. Mr. Rosenberg also defends individuals charged with DUI in New Jersey and a certified Alcotest 7110 MKIII-C operator, the machine utilized by state law enforcement to test breath samples in DUI prosecution. In 2015, Mr. Rosenberg's Criminal Defense practice was acknowledged as Daniel was included in the annual list of New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars.
Outside the practice of law, Mr. Rosenberg is an adjunct professor for "Trial Advocacy Skills" at Rutgers School of Law-Camden and a former lecturer at the Burlington County Police Academy in the area of cross-examination. He also moderates and teaches continuing legal education courses at Rutgers School of Law-Camden.
Mr. Rosenberg is also a founder and trustee of the AJ Butz Foundation, whose mission is to raise awareness of the growing opiate and prescription drug addiction epidemic, raise funds for drug rehabilitation treatment for addicts who cannot afford help on their own and support long-term drug and alcohol recovery.
In his personal time, Mr. Rosenberg he is a determined endurance athlete and Ultrarunner. He has finished over 150 Ultramarathons (any run exceeding 26.2 miles) and 9 one hundred (100) Mile Races, including the Western States 100.
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Western District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2003
- Drexel University
- B.S. - 2000
- Honors: summa cum laude
Honors and Awards
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Criminal Trial Attorney
- Named as New Jersey “Super Lawyer, Rising Star”, as published in Super Lawyer Magazine
- Named as one of the “Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers” in New Jersey by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Recognized as a one of the “Top Attorneys” in Southern New Jersey by SJ Magazine
- Recognized as “Nation’s Top One Percent” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- 10 Best Award in Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Rated “10” and “Superb” by lawyer rating on Avvo.com
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Criminal Law Section
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- National College for DUI Defense
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Association of Federal Defense Attorneys